PRODUCTS AND SERVICES THAT ANGELA LIKES AND RECOMMENDS:
Order a 23andMe Genetic Kit
Your genetics are provided in a raw data format. Using that information, together with a trained epigenetic and nutrigenomic practitioner, you can better understand how to optimize your health through your diet, lifestyle and targeted nutraceuticals.
U.S. Kit Order:
International Kit Order:
Nutraceuticals (supplements) – available for current patients
Skincare and beauty products:
Everything that we use to wash ourselves (hair, face, body), condition ourselves (lotions, oils, etc.) and apply to enhance ourselves (deodorant, perfume, makeup, hairsprays, etc.) can all contain chemicals that are harmful to our metabolic pathways and health. I am constantly researching product-types and companies that offer products that are eco-friendly (because what we use DOES make its way back to our water and soil!) and non-toxic to our bodies. As I find products or brands, I will include them here.
Food For Life:
The Food for Life (FFL) Program is a community-based nutrition education program of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM).
Food for Life is an award winning, evidence-based program designed by physicians, nurses and registered dieticians that offers cancer, diabetes, weight management, employees wellness and kids classes that focus on the lifesaving effects of healthful eating!
My name is Angela and I am your San Francisco Bay Area Certified Food for Life Instructor. I am a mother of three and a functional medicine practitioner that has been in the Bay Area for 23 years. You can learn more About Me here.
If you are interested in attending a Food for Life community class in the SF Bay Area, please check Upcoming Events for information about any currently-scheduled classes.
If you are interested in hosting an FFL cancer or diabetes prevention, weight management or kids wellness program OR are interested in learning more about the Employee Wellness Program, please Contact Me. I would love to discuss the opportunity further with you.
EMPLOYEE WELLNESS PROGRAM:
Do you want to improve employee productivity and morale, reduce sick days, and reduce healthcare-related costs? If so, consider scheduling this evidence-based program for your workplace.
Glimpses of Session Content
- Evidence-based program—Learn from science. The following may sound unbelievable, but they are true.
- Weight Loss—the healthy, permanent plan that allows you to eat all you want!
- Diabetes—the easier eating plan, which is proven three times better than ADA’s plan! Learn the true cause of diabetes. Hint: it is NOT carbs! Learn what food group gives men 80% more diabetes.
- Cancer—the eating pattern that increases your risk of dying by 50%.
- Learn which nutrient 97% of Americans are deficient in, and how this leads to obesity and cancer.
- Why grilled meat causes cancer.
- What hormones make cancer grow more than anything?
- Heart Disease—the eating pattern that actually opens back up your arteries and lowers blood pressure to normal without medicine.
- Alzheimer’s Disease—how to avoid this dread disease.
- Digestive health—Learn why these occur and how to prevent them: Heartburn (GERD); Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS); Lactose Intolerance; Crohn’s disease; ulcerative colitis; gallstones; colon cancer; hemorrhoids; hiatal hernia
- What popular food product is linked strongly to prostate cancer, migraines, digestive problems, and arthritis?
- How to extend the life of your liver and kidneys.
- Learn what highly applauded nutrient is the number one risk factor for loss of kidney function.
- Learn the truth about fat, protein, and carbohydrates. Don’t believe the fads that are selling pills, potions, foods, and books. The facts have spoken! Are you listening?
- Three simple principles are all you need to start healthy eating.
- Are you addicted to these four common foods? How to break free.
- How to plan your meals—the new four food groups.
- Restaurants—what to order for health.
- Food labels—what should you look for?
- What supposed health food is actually 13% saturated fat?
- Cooking methods demonstrated for optimal health. Recipes! Taste the foods!
- Supplements—which ones are needed?
- Support group—people need each other to be successful. Get encouragement and get answers.
- OPTIONAL ADDITION: Company cafeteria is supplied with healthy recipes and consultation.
Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM) is a National non-profit organization headquartered in Washington D.C. that advocates for preventive medicine, especially good nutrition, and conducts clinical research. You can learn more about, or donate to PCRM at www.pcrm.org.
Exercise & Rehab Equipment:
Depending on your present level of health (adrenal sufficiency, physical readiness, etc.), there is always something that you can do to improve your fitness. Honest to goodness, we ALL need to walk more. Leisurely walking helps to naturally reduce stress and “reset” your adrenals—do it in nature and it helps even that much more.
- The Rotater